- Adobe Illustrator now includes cutting-edge Adobe Firefly powered Generative Recolor, which magically accelerates color variation development in graphics for ads, online content, packaging and more
- Rapidly following Firefly-powered Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Express releases, Illustrator is the latest Creative Cloud application to benefit from Adobe’s advanced generative AI technologies
Leveraging Firefly, Adobe’s family of creative generative AI models, to automate and iterate previously manual and tedious processes, the beta release of Generative Recolor magically transforms colors in vector artwork like never before. Previously, brands created color variations manually every time they developed new packaging, rethought logo color options before a rebrand or redesigned their websites; now, with Firefly-powered assistance, designers will be able to dramatically accelerate time-consuming color processes, freeing their time for more creative and less tedious tasks.
Adobe has pioneered numerous AI innovations for more than a decade, introducing hundreds of Adobe Sensei intelligent features across Creative Cloud, Document Cloud and Experience Cloud. Firefly, which launched in March, initially focused on the generation of images and text effects.
“Adobe Illustrator is the tool behind many of the world’s most iconic designs, from brand logos to product packaging,” said Ashley Still, senior vice president, digital media at Adobe. “Firefly will help customers accelerate their creative process and save countless hours, while facilitating rapid ideation, experimentation and asset creation.”
Firefly’s direct integration into Illustrator reflects Adobe’s company-wide initiative to supercharge every creative workflow with additional speed, precision and power. Firefly is embedded directly into creators’ workflows and is designed to generate commercially safe, professional-quality content. Adobe plans to enable enterprises to custom train Firefly with their own branded assets and generate content in the brand’s unique style and brand language using APIs to increase automation. Enterprises also have the opportunity to obtain an IP indemnity from Adobe for content generated by certain Firefly-powered workflows allowing them to deploy it across their organization with confidence.
Generative Recolor Reflects Your Voice and Vision in Vectors
Debuting today, Generative Recolor enhances Illustrator with generative AI magic. The new capability is designed to capture the essence of a vision – “noon in the desert” or “midnight in the jungle” – and then translate it into custom themes to recolor vector artwork. Based on simple text prompts, this pioneering technology automatically applies colors to complex vector graphics, saving time by removing the artist’s need to manually modify each individual object.
Generative Recolor dramatically streamlines the creative process and is ideal for everything from brand identity to advertising and marketing graphics, digital drawings and illustrations or inspiration and mood boarding. Designers can test product packaging designs spanning multiple color options, see ads in different seasonal or holiday variations and produce illustrations in countless color combinations.
Generative Recolor offers a wealth of exciting opportunities for designers:
- Faster Color Capture: Save time by rapidly and intelligently recoloring graphics using simple text prompts.
- Color Discovery and Transformation: Experiment effortlessly with various colors, palettes and themes to achieve the right look and feel for your artwork.
- Multiple Colorway Variations: Generate numerous color variations from a single artwork file for use across social, print and web.