Veeam strengthens its position in the AWS backup and recovery segment by introducing support for Amazon RDS and Amazon EKS, Kubernetes with Kasten K10, and other features.
Veeam ® Software today announced the general availability of the new Veeam Backup for AWS v3 — a fully automated and native backup and disaster recovery solution for Amazon Web Services (AWS) that provides additional protection and management capabilities for Amazon Elastic Cloud Compute (Amazon EC2) and Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS). By meeting advanced standards for reliability, cost-effectiveness, and security, Veeam Backup for AWS v3 minimizes the risk of losing data hosted on AWS. Support for new systems and feature sets is offered in two packages. In this way, organizations can choose the data protection solution that best suits their needs.:
- Veeam Backup for AWS is a standalone AWS backup and restore solution that provides data protection in AWS;
- Veeam Backup & Replication ™ is a solution that combines AWS backup and recovery with other cloud, virtual, and physical data, and provides unlimited data migration to, from, and between different clouds.
“We are excited to introduce a new version of Veeam Backup for AWS with Amazon RDS support,” says Danny Allan, SRT and Veeam Senior Vice President of Product Strategy. – The number of active AWS users exceeds 1 million, so it is not surprising that the implementation of support for this system has become the most frequent request from our existing and potential customers. For us, this is not just new business prospects, but also an opportunity to be one of the first to solve an extremely urgent problem for our customers. The recent acquisition of Kasten is further evidence of our commitment to provide customers with full support for moving their business to new architectures that form the basis for future development. Veeam can now protect and manage Kubernetes workloads on AWS through the Kasten K10 data management platform. This is undoubtedly a big step forward, which sets us apart from other market players.”
Veeam Backup for AWS v3 provides native AWS backup and recovery of Amazon RDS databases at Veeam’s typically high level of reliability, security, and cost-effectiveness. With flexible policies and schedules, users can fully automate Amazon RDS backups and further address any data loss issues with quick recovery options. In addition to completely restoring the database to the desired point in time in just a few seconds, the capabilities of the new solution include:
- Support for backup and restore of Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon Virtual Private Cloud, Amazon VPC) settings – even between different regions and AWS accounts – for troubleshooting, disaster recovery, and solving development/testing tasks
- Role-based access control-assigning roles and access rights for backup and restore operations, and optimizing operational efficiency in compliance with regulatory data protection requirements
- Support for AVS Outposts, which allows organizations to use the same native AWS Veeam backup and restore solutions that they use for on-premises AWS Outposts deployments.
Veeam Backup for AWS is offered in three variants: a FREE separate cloud backup solution (limited to 10 AWS copies; unlimited number of recoveries), a paid separate cloud backup solution (from $ 40 per year for an AWS copy; a valid accounting system; payment for the fact of use), or as part of the Veeam Backup solution & Replication. The latter option implements a comprehensive strategy of a hybrid scheme of work (or using different clouds) with unlimited data transfer options.